Saturday 9th Sept 2023
Build a Boat Race!
Boats built from scratch in Creux Harbour and raced over a weekend.
Food Drink Music.
Greasy Pole Raft Race Kids Swimming Race and More….
It's that time of year again, where we get super excited about the next Sark Harbour Carnival!
All your old favs will be back - The Blob, Greasy Pole, Floating Bar, Bouncy Raft, Tug of War, Build-A-Boat-Race, plus Food & Drink! Promises to be a tremendous family day of fun in the water!
This year's Build-A-Boat-Race is for pre-built boats only. So get making and bring them ready to race! Rules and requirements for boat entries are as follows:
1. Pre-built boats only this year.
2. No boat-derived parts allowed (eg. no kayaks, hulls, wakeboards, etc.)
3. Use of bathtubs, bongos, etc. is OK.
4. Max. standard 15hp outboard. No tuning allowed.
5. All racers must be over the age of 18.
6. Two persons in each boat.
7. Helmets, life jackets and working kill switch must be worn.
8. Boats must have a means of attaching a tow rope at the bow and must carry a 7m rope.
Tell your friends. Bring your friends. It's all in aid of Sark community maritime projects. See ya there!
Location: Creux Harbour